Thursday, August 11, 2016

Mixed feelings


Who has ever wanted something really bad but, when it becomes real, felt butterflies in the stomach? That's kind of how I have been feeling in the past few days about leaving home. Again.

I am 25 years old and life could not go smoother. I have a great year ahead. Truly. Still, it was not easy to leave home today.

So what's happening this year?
  • An MBA at INSEAD - #1 MBA in the world according to FT
  • Getting to live in two different places - Singapore until the end of February and Fontainebleau until late June
  • Loooooots of traveling, as I am planning to visit Myanmar, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines and Indonesia until late February
  • Plenty of networking
  • New friends
  • Lots of learning
  • The opportunity to think about my professional future and what I imagine myself doing in the long term
  • Getting married to my dear Gorda Velha (which means Old Fat Lady and is my boyfriend's nickname) - and all the necessary wedding preparation
  • A bachelorette party
  • A honeymoon
  • Some super efficient studying to allow all the above
Isn't it a great year ahead? It is. Did I not feel butterflies in my stomach? I did. Actually, I felt butterflies in the stomach, tears in my eyes and one or two restless nights.

Why's that? Is it because life's so good at home? Is it because Portugal is a special place? Is it because my family rocks (and that includes my own family and my future family too)? Is it because we have a new house to prepare? Is it because Gorda won't stay long in Singapore with me? Is it because I don't want to leave my friends behind or become behind myself? Is it just inertia?

It's probably a bit of it all. What I have to think today - the first day of this great year ahead - is that all this will be waiting for me at home and welcome me in less than 11 months, when I will be a MBA graduate, more open-minded, more cultured, more knowledgeable, even more of a grown-up, with even more unforgettable friends.

It feels good to be writing again...!

Will keep you posted,
Marta

8 comments:

  1. Adorei!!! 😊😊😊 Não sei como vais conseguir ter tempo para tudo, mas tenho a certeza que vai mesmo ser um ano em GRANDE para ti!! Um ano que vai deixar muitas recordações, muitas histórias para contar e que trará muitas coisas boas! Aproveita ao máximo!! 😘😘😘

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obrigada querida prima mais velha ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Também adorei Tocas!! 😘❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same here, adorei!!! Quero mais!!! Vai ser cansativo, mas sem duvida alguma o melhor ano da tua vida querida amiga. Eu estarei cá para te ajudar em tudo o que puder! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Martinha!
    Feels good to read you in a personal blog again. Not good enough to avoid butterflies in my stomach (yes, me too), but good enough to make sure that the great year ahead will go through very fast and we will feel always very close.
    ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amiga querida!! Que boa ideia! Butterflies nas barrigas de todos nós ❤️ Mas o blog ajuda muito! Um grande beijinho!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A primeira parte do MBA parece já um enorme sucesso!
    Continuação de tudo de bom

    ReplyDelete