Saturday, September 17, 2016

The Kenneys' treats

Do you remember my times in California? Do you remember Alex Kim? Yup, that's Pedro's best friend. And do you remember Alex's golf buddy/ sponsor/ second dad, and his family? In case you don't, let me tell you that those are The Kenneys.

Mr and Mrs Kenney (Dave and Jill) have 4 kids. Their youngest kid just kicked-off her undergrad degree at University of Alabama, which means that they are "free". To celebrate such "freedom", why not doing a 72-day world tour? Yup, that's what they decided to do. Starting in their hometown California,  The Kenneys have already stopped or will still stop in Bora Bora, New Zealand, Singapore, Japan, China, Hong Kong, Dubai, Amsterdam, and Miami, among others, and then take the Panama Channel to go back home.

As soon as we understood we would be in the same place at the same time, we decided we had to meet. We met yesterday at The Fullerton Bay Hotel, for drinks at Lantern Rooftop Bar and dinner at The Cliford Pier. Yup, faaaaancy. As if that was not enough, we met again today at the Raffles Hotel. The Kenneys took me on a private boat trip in the city channels, where we saw Clark Quay, Robertson Quay and the entire Financial District and Singapore Bay from the water. They took me then for lunch (delicious local seafood) at Palm Beach, by the Bay. To end the day in style, we went to Tanjong Beach Club in Sentosa Island to chill a bit.

They even invited me to join them again for drinks and dinner at Cé La Vie. I was tempted to accept, but then I realized that being a tiny bit ceremonious would probably be more adequate.

So here I am, at home, on a Saturday late afternoon, writing this post. My heart is full. Whenever you are away from home, it feels even better to see familiar faces and receive some love. The Kenneys treated me as if I was their daughter, and I am ever so thankful for that. We had some great laughs.


















1 comment: