Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Gordinho

Always so serious, but so friendly. A bit conservative, but always curious. Quite strict, but such a good heart. Literally a tough cookie. A good cook, but an even better foodie. So active, so helpful, so handy. My Gordinho was, in so many senses, a true man of the house, respected and loved inside and outside home...

More and more in love with Grandma every year, Gordinho lived for her. He was Grandma's chauffeur, assistant cook, fashion advisor (and "incentivisor"), CFO, partner, and more. They wouldn't do anything without each other, and even watched TV holding hands.

He lived for the family too. My Gordinho helped raising Miguel and me. We will never forget the whole summers we spent in Praia da Barra nor his endless patient to play with us and take us around. We will never forget the mornings and afternoons at the beach (only in the advisable hours), the ice-creams in the evening, the Tour de France, nor the competition regarding who would eat the cake dough whenever Grandma baked a cake. We will never forget how happy he would be anytime we showed up or called. And I will never forget how much he cried the day I said goodbye before coming to Singapore.

I already miss him like crazy, but I am relieved that he had such a happy life, so full of love until the last day.

The last time we talked, this weekend, this is how happy he was:


I wish I was home. Gordinha, Mom, Dad, Mico, Tio, stay strong. I will try to do the same on the other side of the world.


6 comments: