Saturday, April 1, 2017

Say yes to fatty

Last weekend was my official bachelorette party and I just had the most amazing time with my most amazing friends. Literally.

By 3:30 pm, Calha and I left INSEAD towards a supposedly secret location that was not so secret anymore. In mid February, Luísa got so excited when she watched a movie of me dancing funk like a true Brazilian that she shouted "You're so ready for Barcelona!!!”. Hahaha. But that was all I knew about the weekend. I had no idea about what we were going to do nor who would be there. My dear bridesmaids (Alice, Calha, Lu, Maria and Perry) organized it all.

Leaving Fontainebleau with Calha was great. It had been over 2 years (since she moved to the US) that we had not spent quality time together, just the two of us, without rushing. We chatted endlessly - in the taxi, at the airport, in the airplane, at home, and over dinner. We had planned to do all our readings for INSEAD in the plane but could not help enjoying each other’s company. When we arrived in Barcelona, it was under a wild tropical rain. This is how we looked after a 3-min run from the reception to our apartment:


After 15 minutes to get ready (and look good) and around 45 minutes trying to find a cab, we head to the restaurant. Guess which cuisine? Mexican! And what a cool Mexican. My bridesmaids know me well… One margarita down, some guacamole, another margarita down, no hope that the other girls would arrive on time for dinner, some tacos, nachos, more guacamole, more margaritas… And around 1 am the girls arrived. Alice, Maria, Perry and Grizi. Apart from Lu (who could not leave the US) and Carolina Almeida Pires, I had pretty much all my favorite girlfriends with me.

The first night was fun. Already tipsy from the margaritas night with Calha, we moved to one of Barcelona’s best nightclubs: Sutton. The music was great and very danceable. We were all happy. And I performed well. At some point, I was so tired that we went home. Before going to bed, it was still time for some presents:
- Sweaters saying “Fatty & Oldie. MT. #sayyestofatty”
- A veil
- A board with 10 challenges to wear on my neck
- A corny shot cup to wear on my neck as well



On Saturday, we woke up late for a surprise from Lu. She arranged home delivery of healthy food for us: cold pressed juices, healthy granola, yogurt, fruit, and so on. How cute can a bridesmaid be?

We left home around 12:30 and walked through the cities of Barcelona until Federal Café, where we stopped for brunch. From avocado toasts to eggs Benedict, from turmeric latte to cappuccinos, we had it all and it was yummy. Also, it was the only thing that I managed to pay the entire weekend, and it was because I was sneaky and the girls did not realize that I stood up from the table. After that, we wandered around Las Ramblas, Bairo Gotico, the Marina, and Mercado San Jose. By 7 pm, we were back home with a few drinks, ready for a typical bachelorette game. I had to answer very particular questions about Gorda. For every correct answer, I would get a present. For every wrong one, I had to drink a sip of wine. The questions were hard but I did a damn good job answering them. About 6 questions before the end (there were 30 questions in total), there were no presents left. My bridesmaids were expecting me to know Gorda less well. Hehehe.

After the game and the presents, which included from panties to lipstick and from face mask to hair bands, we got ready to rock another night out. We had an amazing Spanish dinner at Pez Vela (YUM) and then went clubbing in Bling Bling. I manage to check all the challenges, and it was fun. Lots of fun.

On Sunday, we rushed out of our apartment around 11 am and had the best brunch ever at Flax&Kale, not before a very needed manicure session. To finish the weekend in style, we went for a walk and small photo session at Park Guell, and then moved to the airport all together, happy but extremely happy.


The weekend could have hardly been better. It was cosy, intimate, and fun. I will be forever grateful to my girls for all the organization, sponsoring and love during the weekend. What a lucky girl…

Below you can find the non-censored pictures of the weekend: 






























No comments:

Post a Comment